Saturday, January 20, 2007

Excuse me... Cld you call me back later? I'm in Heaven right now!

Had a great lunch at this hawker centre opposite Hong Lim's Speakers Corner in Chinatown! This stall sells great Vongole! So I want to recommend this stall to you foodies out there! It's called Pasta Express #02-42




This is the Best place for Vongole coz it's cheap! I've been looking for the best places for this dish and the best places and prices are as follows:

1) New York New York, City Link Mall - $13.90 before taxes
Best place to have this dish, but rather expensive and the queue can be quite long. Sigh!

.: their menu :.

2) Hong Lim Complex Hawker Centre - $4.50
Cheap and Good, hence, I'm blogging about it! :)

3) Al Dente, Great World City - $21 after taxes
The freshest and largest clams but it's SO expensive for a plate of noodles and clams. The first time I ate there, the noodles were undercooked. Had to tell them to cook it longer the next time I was there. Totally NOT worth eating here....

4)Bakerzin, Vivocity - $17.05 after taxes
-The first time I ate this wonderful dish was when there was a Bakerzin at One Fullerton. (*Now replaced by Starbucks) The Cook did it to perfection back then!
-However, they shifted to Vivocity. The noodles done by the new cook were overcooked and there was little taste of the white wine sauce... Waste my $$$!!!
-Oh yea, Bakerzin DOES NOT serve free water. Either buy drinks or BYO!

5) Pasta Mania, Bugis Junction $ 7.25 (used to be $6.90 but they are NOT absorbing 5% taxes anymore)
Worse of the lot! No taste of white wine sauce (you can smell the white wine if a fair amount was used) and it was so oily! For that price, I shld have eaten at Miss Clarity's at 5 Purvis Street instead! Sry Mel mel! :P
Redeeming factor: They serve water! Lolx!

Conclusion: For cheap and delicious Vongole, No. 2 wins!

.: Tuck In! :.

Hope this review and pics helps you all looking for this dish!

Oh yea, I bought 2 boxes of Vongole... burp!! :)


No comments: