Saturday, January 20, 2007

Saving Money & Mother Earth

When I attended Yoga Class this morning, some ladies around me were telling each other of how they got scrap material to make their Yoga bags.

You may think that they were penny pinching aunties but hey, what impressed me most was that their bags were really beautiful! (*Sorry, no pictures for this.. I din dare ask them to let me photograph their handiwork!) One was a pink floral bag and even had pockets for a mobile phone while another did a Velcro strap for her Nike Yoga mat. Innovative@!

Hmmm... I can't even sew a bag like them and save money! Instead, most of us (myself inc.) resort to buying bags for the mats. The more I thought about it, the more I wonder why there is so much rubbish around us. Simple. We don't reduce, reuse, recycle. We simply buy more stuff instead of making our own, leading to wastage of resources that could have well serve other purposes. These ladies had sewing capabilities that made them proud of their unique handiwork. Maybe I just didn't know how to sew a bag but when I thought about it, it was possible to learn how to.

Felt slightly ashamed not helping Mother Earth conserve her natural resources... :( Sorry!

No comments: